J&F Advisors is a virtual boutique accounting firm, serving members primarily in Metro Detroit. The Senior Accountant is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. The Senior Accountant will be responsible with supervising one to three staff accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Senior Accountant work closely with both partners to ensure all assignments are properly accounted for and distributed.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other partners to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from clients, and routes requests appropriately.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support partners with special projects and workflow process improvements.
BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA preferred
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
Two to three years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Experience working in a professional services firm is preferred.
Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with large automated accounting system a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
Ten key by touch required.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.